Base Camp (Youth Group)
Base Camp is a place where high school teens, grades 10-12, can gather to discuss issues of life, share personal experiences, offer support to each other, and pray.
All high school teens are welcome, regardless of where one goes to high school or one’s religious beliefs. St. Ed’s youth group respects you, your faith journey, and wherever you may be on it. We usually gather on Sunday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm (check the calendar below) in the Youth Room (lower level, rm. 126). Snacks and beverages are provided. Kick-start your week with God! This group is intended for those teens seeking to deepen their faith life.
Acts 29 – Peer Ministry Team
There are 28 chapters in the book of the Acts of the Apostles. We find that it is our duty to pick up where they left off–challenging us to live our lives as disciples of Christ, in everything that we do, in all aspects of our lives.
Responsibilities of Team Members
Serving as a peer leader is a very important and rewarding ministry. Open to all confirmed 10th, 11th and 12th grade students, peer ministers are involved in several different areas of parish life. Conditions and responsibilities of being a member of the ACTS 29 Peer Ministry Team include:
- Attendance at every Wednesday night.
- Arriving no later than 6:15pm.
- If you need to miss, you must contact Patrick and your co-leaders no later than the Monday before programming. No more than 3 Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Attendance at our annual Confirmation Retreat (April 28-30, 2017).
- Attendance at our Acts 29 Commissioning (10:30am Mass on September 25th, 2016).
- Wear your purple Acts 29 shirt every week.
- That you be patient with your students.
- That you listen twice as much as you speak in your small groups. In other words, ask more questions than you give answers. Remember: it’s about them.
- That you refrain from swearing or using inappropriate language.
- That you conduct yourselves in a manner that represents the Church of St. Edward and it’s values both at church and in the community.
- Complete and submit an Acts 29 Application.
Join Acts 29 Peer Ministry Team
If you have questions or are interested in joining Acts 29, contact Patrick Smalley, Director of Youth and Adult Ministry, at (952) 835-7101 ext. 211.