February 6/7 is commitment weekend for the 2016 Catholic Services Appeal at St. Edward’s Church. If you have not already done so, please fill out your 2016 pledge form and drop it in the plate or mail it directly to the CSAF processing center using the prepaid envelope you received in the mail from CSAF.
17 Collective Ministries
The 2016 Catholic Services Appeal raises money for the 17 Collective Ministries of the Archdiocese that no one parish can support on its own. Please be generous. In 2015 the Appeal did not reach its goal and Ministries were not fully funded, including the Archdiocesan Hospital Chaplains, Catholic Grade Schools, Catholic Charities and the Venezuelan Mission. Please be generous this year.
The Designated Ministries are:
1. American Indian Ministry
2. Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW)
3. Campus Ministry – Newman Center
4. Campus Ministry – Saint Paul’s Outreach
5. Catholic Charities
6. Deaf Ministry
7. Catholic Elementary Schools
8. Archdiocesan Office of Evangelization and Catechesis
9. Catholic High Schools
10. Hospital Chaplains of the Archdiocese
11. Archdiocesan Offices of Latino Ministry
12. Marriage, Family and Life Office of the Archdiocese
14. Archdiocesan Prison Chaplains
15. Saint John Vianney College Seminary
16. The Saint Paul Seminary
17. Venezuelan Mission of the Archdiocese
Please remember that parishes are a benefitted ministry; St. Edward’s will receive 25% of the dollars we collect in our parish if we reach our parish goal of $82,764.
Please go to www.csafspm.org to read and see more about the ministries benefitted by the 2016 Appeal.
This is the Year of Mercy. We should remember that Jesus taught us the Corporal Works of Mercy: feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, visit the sick, visit the imprisoned, and bury the dead. These Works of Mercy are precisely what the 17 Collective Ministries of the Archdiocese accomplish. Thank you for your generosity!