Faith Formation 2020-2021
Hello, Faith Formation families!
After an abrupt end to the Faith Formation year, we have been missing you and working to create a new plan for this year. Our hope is to create a program that accomplishes our three goals of faith formation: feel known, have fun, hear the story of God, as well as allows for the necessary COVID safety precautions. Some of you are anxious to meet in-person and some of you are still concerned about being onsite at all – we want you to know that whatever you are feeling is okay! We have created both a hybrid option as well as an online-only option for grades 1-9. Keep reading for more information on adjustments we are making this year and make sure you are signed up for our monthly eNews to get our most updated information.
Our program offerings this year are as follows:
Beginning in October, grades 1-9 will meet on different nights to ensure we minimize the number of people in the building at any time. View the full calendar below.
On the First and Third Wednesdays of each month from 6:30-7:45pm:
- Grades 1-5 will meet in person as one large group – this will also be live-streamed on YouTube here for the online-only families.
- Grades 6-9 will meet on Zoom for activities and small group time. This link will be sent via email.
On the Second and Fourth Wednesdays of each month from 6:30-7:45pm:
- Grades 1-5 will meet on Zoom for activities and small group time. This link will be sent via email.
- Grades 6-9 will meet in person as one large group – this will also be live-streamed on YouTube here for the online-only families.
Registration is required prior to participation.
Acts 29 is our peer ministry team for grades 10-12 that meets on Wednesday nights during the school year. There are 28 chapters in the book of the Acts of the Apostles in the Bible. We find that it is our duty to pick up where they left off–challenging us to live our lives as disciples of Christ and lead others to do the same. This year Acts 29 leaders will be assigned to help with elementary, middle school or Confirmation. They will meet in person for the on-weeks and lead Zoom groups for the off-weeks.
Base Camp is our youth group for grades 10-12. We will meet each Wednesday in person from 7:45-8:30pm.
Online Only Program
Sunday School will be offered via live Zoom sessions during our regular meeting time on Sundays from 10:30-11:30am. Just like always, we will have prayer time, bible stories, discussions about our weekly theme, crafts, activities, and music. All of the supplies, weekly worksheets and crafts will be packed and boxed and ready for contactless pick up before the start of class in October. We will have 29 weekly lessons running from October 4th through May 30th. All lessons will be taught by Sunday School Coordinator, Bridget Grotins. View the calendar below for all dates.
A fully online option for grades 1-9 is available as we will Livestream the in-person groups and use Zoom the other weeks.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist will be an at-home experience this year. We will begin the Sacramental prep in January. Until then, we are asking all 2nd graders to participate in our regular Wednesday night Faith Formation programs. You can choose the hybrid program or the online-only program
Confirmation 2021 prep is included in the 9th-grade gatherings. You can choose the hybrid program or the online-only program. In addition to Wednesday nights, Confirmation students will meet on the first Sunday of each month at 11am on Zoom. We will use the same Zoom link as Wednesday nights.
Read our full Faith Formation Safety Plan plan here.
- Masks must be worn (full coverage above nose) for the entire group meeting per state mandate. Neck gaiters and bandanas are not accepted. This video explains why.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Cleaning will occur before and after.
- Social Distancing will be enforced.
- Please take your child’s temperature at home before participating in person.
- If your child or anyone in your household is showing signs of Covid, or you were exposed to someone who tested positive in the last 14 days, please stay home and join us online instead.
Our Sunday School cost has not changed as families will still receive all the normal materials. Our regular cost for grades 1-9 is $125 per child. With the reality of COVID, and the changes in our program, we have reduced the cost by $50. We know that COVID has affected every family differently. Like always, there is an option for a full scholarship available to anyone. This year you will also see an option to make an additional donation. This is NOT required. Donations will be used toward costs including staff salaries, building usage, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Sunday School: $75 per child
- Elementary: $75 per child
- Middle School: $75 per child
- Confirmation: $75 per child
- Acts 29 and Base Camp: No cost
Families with more than 3 children in faith formation will also receive a discount.
Please note, the unpredictable nature of this pandemic means we may need to move fully online at any point. We will communicate by EMAIL any changes that are made. Make sure you sign up for our eNews.
Faith Formation Begins in October
Please contact us by email at any time with questions. Include your phone number and we’re happy to give you a callback.
Patrick Smalley Director of High School Ministries
Nicole Smalley, Director of Faith Formation: Birth to Grade 8
Bridget Grotins, Sunday School Coordinator
Donna Rubio, Director of Adult Formation