Camp Eddie is on! Read about the changes to Camp Eddie below. We are monitoring the news and CDC recommendations and will continue to make updates.
Camp is for students about to enter grades 1-5 in the 2020/2021 school year.
When: Time Change
August 17-21, 9am-12pm. No Lunch.
Can’t make it every day? That’s okay, just sign up for the days you can join us!
$25 per camper for the whole week. (Those who signed up with the original full-day cost, will be refunded.)
How will camp look different?
- Camp will take place, completely OUTSIDE, in one location, on the south lawn. (Our rain plan will be to meet indoors in our Social Hall.)
- We have decided to follow the Governor’s Executive Order, as of July 25, 2020. All Camp Eddie participants, students and volunteers, will be required to wear masks. Students will put these on in their car when they arrive and will not be able to take them off until back in their cars.
- Siblings will be in the same small groups this year regardless of age, including leaders, in order to limit exposure.
- Students will only be allowed inside to use the bathroom (but we strongly encourage you to use bathrooms at home before camp to eliminate shared surfaces).
- Students will have their own designated zone in order to properly social distance. Students can bring a lawn chair or blanket from home or sit on the grass.
- We will have multiple handwashing stations available outside for campers to use.
- All volunteers will have to do a thermometer test when arriving on-site to demonstrate they are not running a fever and have not had a fever for 14 days.
- Anyone (staff, volunteers, adult leaders, students) showing signs of COVID-19 is not allowed to come.
- Anyone (staff, volunteers, adult leaders, students) who are considered high-risk is not allowed to come.
- We will disinfect frequently used items and surfaces regularly throughout the event. All equipment used will be disinfected at the beginning of the day and end of the day.
- Campers will be socially distanced from one another with the exception of siblings. If your child cannot follow this guideline you may be asked to pick them up.
- If Camp Eddie is canceled or you don’t feel comfortable sending your child when the time comes, full refunds will be given as long as you email before August 17.
Leadership: Application Closed.
- Siblings will be placed in the same group, this includes leaders and campers.
- Leaders must be able to attend all 5 days and arrive 30 minutes early and stay 30 minutes late.
- We will be limiting the number of middle schoolers able to serve as junior leaders this year in order to limit our total number of participants.
- High schoolers are invited to be group leaders for Camp Eddie. Current Acts 29 leaders please contact Nicole or Patrick Smalley directly as you do not need to fill out an additional form.
- Students must attend a training meeting in order to participate.
Typical Day Schedule:
9:30am Large Group – music, Bible stories, small groups.
11:00am Special Activity – special activities like games, tie-dye, challenges, etc.
11:30pm The Wrap Up
12:00pm Camper Pick Up
Check-In: New this year!
9 a.m. We will have a curbside drop off where the leaders will meet your student at your car! Please do not get out of your car until you reach the front of the line. See the picture below and we will also email a detailed description before camp begins so you know right where to go!
Check-Out: New this year!
You will pick up your camper at the same place you dropped them off. Please do not leave your car. Please make sure whoever picks up your camper (parents, grandparents, nanny, etc.) is on the authorized pick up list.
What should my camper bring to camp each day?
- A lawn chair or blanket to sit outside.
- Water bottles – please label, but we will provide water refill stations throughout the morning.
- Your camper should come wearing sunscreen.
- Sunglasses or a hat are encouraged.
- Do not send anything that will distract from the day such as cell phones, electronics, gaming devices, etc. These will be held on to by a leader.
If we invite friends, do these friends need to be Catholic?
No. While we intend for this week to be an experience that enables young people to know and grow in their relationship with Jesus, there are not spiritual prerequisites. We will openly share Biblical truths from God’s Word every day at camp through teaching, worship, music, prayer and small groups. Every staff member is a follower of Christ and will do their best to model Jesus-like character while sharing their faith. But you do not need to have a church membership or church history to attend. There will be no pressure on children to make any spiritual decisions this week.
Do you run background checks on all staff?
Yes, all of our staff and volunteers will have background checks run on them.
Please note, the unpredictable nature of this pandemic means we may need to cancel camp at any point. We will communicate by EMAIL any changes that are made.
If you have any other questions please contact Nicole Smalley Director of Faith Formation, Birth to Grade 8
Registration is open!
Camper Registration for grades 1-5 in 2020/2021 school year.
See the fun from last year!