High School Grades 10-12
We seek to provide an environment for students to grow and mature in their walk with Jesus.
Acts 29 is our peer ministry team for grades 10-12 and meets on Wednesday nights during the school year from 6:00-8:00pm.
There are 28 chapters in the book of the Acts of the Apostles. We find that it is our duty to pick up where they left off–challenging us to live our lives as disciples of Christ. One way we can do that is by serving as a peer minister. This leadership team is open to all confirmed 10th, 11th and 12th grade students. An application is required and upon being accepted, students are placed in leadership roles such as leading Confirmation, middle and elementary small groups.
Responsibilities of Acts 29 peer ministry team members include:
- Attendance at every Wednesday night.
- Arriving no later than 6:15pm.
- If you need to miss, you must contact Patrick and your co-leaders no later than the Monday before programming. No more than 3 Wednesdays throughout the year may be missed.
- Attendance at our annual spring Confirmation Retreat.
- That you listen twice as much as you speak in your small groups. In other words, ask more questions than you give answers. Remember: it’s about them.
- That you conduct yourselves in a manner that represents the Church of St. Edward and it’s values both at church and in the community.
- Complete and submit the Acts 29 Application in August.
Contact: If you have questions or are interested in joining Acts 29, please contact Patrick Smalley, Director of High School and Adult Ministry, at (952) 835-7101 ext. 211.
Base Camp is our post-Confirmation youth group for grades 10-12 that meets Wednesday Nights during the school year 7:45-8:30pm.
This is a time for students to grow in their faith as they worship through music, hear testimonies, learn from relevant biblical teaching and connect with one another. Base Camp is meant to take students deeper in their faith through practical teaching and helping our students think Biblically in response to the issues they face in the world today.
Base Camp also includes special events like holiday parties, a broomball tournament with other Bloomington Churches, retreats, a cabin weekend and many more. Check here for updates on upcoming special events.
Contact: If you have questions, please contact Patrick Smalley, Director of High School and Adult Ministry, at (952) 835-7101 ext. 211.