Arriving at Church
On the weekends, a member of the St. Ed’s CREW will welcome you. Masks are highly encouraged. If possible, arrive early. Prelude music begins five minutes before Masses.
Finding a Place to Sit
Seating is available without restrictions. If you need assistance, please ask a CREW member.
Music & Liturgy Changes
- Congregational singing is permitted.
- We will not hold hands during the Lord’s Prayer.
- Offer a Sign of Peace with a wave or nod. After July 1, persons from different households may exchange the Sign of Peace with a handshake or other touch, according to their personal comfort level.
We seek to make your experience of receiving Holy Communion reverent and peaceful. We also want all to feel safe and not rushed.
- The CREW will release each row one at a time.
- The Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion will wash their hands and get into place. They will wear masks. They will distribute to the congregation from the front of the church. If you need a low gluten host, simply notify the minister on your approach.
- Please sanitize your hands before receiving. To receive, have your mask in place; extend your hands, palms flat, then step to the side, lower your mask and consume the host. At this time, we will not distribute communion on the tongue.
- After you have received, please return to your pew.
St. Ed’s CREW
This ministry was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The CREW welcomes parishioners, assists with seating, and helps direct communion flow. They are trained in protocols based on guidelines from the archdiocese.
We are always looking for new volunteers. If you are interested, email Mary Kay Hird at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to attend in person, Mass is streamed live each week to our Online Mass page, or our YouTube channel. Weekday Mass is streamed Wednesday at noon, and weekend Mass is streamed on Saturday at 5pm. In addition, a library of previously streamed Masses is available at either online location.